Arab African International Bank
With a legacy dating back to 1964, Arab African International Bank was Egypt’s first multi-national bank established by Special Law as a Joint Venture between the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) 49.37% and Kuwait Investment Authority (KIA) 49.37% AAIB has evolved into a fully-fledged regional banking institution with an extensive portfolio of innovative products and services covering retail and corporate banking, SMEs, transaction banking solutions, investment banking, brokerage services, asset management, private equity, leasing, mortgage financing and micro-enterprise solutions.
Guided by our ambition to become the gateway for international business into the region, we are committed to fostering the potential and growth of all our stakeholders across different segments, industries, sectors, geographies, and business cycles. As a leading financial institution, we harness our longstanding expertise and capabilities to deliver outstanding results while honoring our commitment to responsible banking and contributing to sustainable growth.
AAIB’s position as a leading financial institution has been reinforced by a series of trendsetting milestones and expansions — channeling our on-ground expertise and breadth to cater to our customers’ ever-growing needs.
- 1964 : AAIB opens its doors as the first international bank in Egypt, established under a special law
- 1970 : AAIB expands its footprint regionally with the launch of AAIB-UAE, making it the first Egyptian private sector bank to extend its operations into the Gulf region
- 1982 : AAIB launches the first international dealing room in Egypt and introduces the first credit cards in the market
- 2005 : AAIB pioneers market expansion, acquiring Misr America International Bank – the first private sector acquisition in Egyptian banking
- 2005 : AAIB adopts corporate sustainability as the first bank to join the UN Global Compact
- 2006 : AAIB establishes its asset management arm, Arab African Investment Management (AAIM)
- 2007 : AAIB launches “We Owe it to Egypt” – the first foundation in Egypt and the region geared towards social impact through the development of health and education
- 2008 : AAIB evolves into a financial group with the establishment of Arab African Investment Holding Company (AAIH) – umbrella company to Arab Investment Management (AAIM) and newly acquired Arab African International Securities (AAIS)
- 2010 : AAIB launches Arab African International Mortgage Finance (AAIMF)
- 2015 : AAIB acquires Nova Scotia bank’s local operations in Egypt
- 2015 : AAIB expands its financing portfolio with the launch of Arab African International Leasing (AAIL)
- 2017 : AAIB penetrates the microfinance sector with the launch of Sandah
- 2021 : AAIB’s Digital Factory becomes fully operational ― ushering the bank’s digital transformation with innovative products and custom applications
To be the leading financial group in providing innovative services with a strong regional presence being the gateway for international business into the region.